Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

First Date Joke

This scene just kind of came upon me during lunch. And I don't know why, so don't ask. But I would like to thank Cailean for the joke.

Scene:

Kitty (talking on her phone): I just don’t know how to make a good first impression on a date.

Florence (on the other line): Oh don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine! Just be sweet, maybe tell a joke.

Kitty: Oh, well, I’ll try to be funny. I guess guys like funny. Right?

Florence: Right! I need to go. Talk to you later, girl.

Kitty: Buh Bye. (She puts her phone in her purse.)

(Manly enters scene) 

Manly: Hello, Kitty.

Kitty (shyly): Hi.

Manly: Are you ready to go to the restaurant?

Kitty: Sure. 

(They enter the car and start driving. After an awkward pause Kitty speaks.) 

Kitty: Knock. Knock.

Manly: Uh, who’s there?

Kitty: Interrupting cow.

Manly: Interrupting co-

Kitty: MOOOOO

(Both sit silently in mute alarm.)

Kitty: I’m sorry, that wasn't a good first date joke. (She blushes and looks distraught.)

Manly: No, no it was not.


End Scene


{And don't forget about the writing contest which you can find here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment