Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Magic beans

One day I found a magic bean
It took me somewhere I'd never seen
Teaching me that not all fields are green
And not every palace is glittering

While I visited, I wished for home
But when I returned, I wished to be gone
I searched for more beans, finding only some stone
Then I found myself completely alone

In all my adventures, I'd lost only one thing
It wasn't gold, treasure, or a diamond ring 
I lost the one person who makes my heart sing
The one person who makes me feel like a king

Now I wander, wishing I'd counted the cost
My rings, my gold, away were tossed
Mountains, valleys, streams I have crossed
Hoping to find the person I lost

2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of Rumpelstiltskin and/or Baelfire :( It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete